In: Home & Family8 Jul 2013
Garage door repair is definitely not a straightforward work. This is particularly true if the job involves the replacement of the garage door spring. The repair work requires attentiveness, measured action, high-precision as well as physical agility. If the customer were to do a little bit of planning, it will go very far in getting the garage door repair job done properly as well as safely. Here are some tips that will help the repair process.
1. Get rid of all dirt and liquids from the garage floor area. Unquestionably, a sure footing is important to safety. Oil certainly is the worst problem. When there is oil present, put down an absorbent substance and sweep it away thoroughly. Granular substances like salt or sand will also be hazards to sweep away ahead of the repair visit.
2. Make sure large items such as bicycles, garden tools and lawnmowers are clear of the garage door area. Few things could be more of a nuisance to a garage door repair person than a bicycle in the way. The bicycle could get damaged as well. The same holds true for the ever-present garden tools, sporting goods, and children’s riding toys.
3. Make sure that there is adequate lighting inside the garage. If light bulbs are out, replace them. An easy thing to overlook during a busy time.
4. Allow room on the driveway for the technician to park beside the garage door. This one will make perfect sense, but it is quite easy to overlook, since people tend to park in the very same places by habit. The supply vehicle really should be as close to the work area as possible. Move the car to the side and near the end of the driveway, and instruct any visitors to park in nearby areas as permissible. Doing this the repair person can save steps and energy en route to a lot more careful job.
5. Provide a free drink – hot in the winter, cold in summer season. Any refreshing politeness such as this should go very far, particularly in seasonal temperature extremes, in which fatigue, excessive heating, and also chill detract from alertness as well as maximum performance.
6. You should not open the garage door with the electric opener when the spring is broken! Doing this could potentially cause more damage. Some companies will not mind this from an earnings viewpoint, but trustworthy repair persons will advise not to open the door as usual. Good to wait until the professional appears.
7. Have one of your remote control clickers in the garage. An insider convenience–the professional wants to check the door’s sound at the end, and to be able to move around while using remote control clicker results in the final inspection of the door to go more quickly.
8. Ask about possible discounts if appropriate. Sometimes, a better deal on the garage door repair service can be cut near the end of the job, if it takes less time than anticipated.
Author Johnny Q. Hughes is an expert writer at Garage Repair Pros which is a company that specializes in garage door repair in Dallas TX. For more information on garage door repair, just click here to go to this website: Garage Door Service Dallas